Our client is a civil contractor experienced in all aspects of civil work including drilling and blasting, concrete work, excavation, water and sewer, as well as aggregate production and sales.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Civil Estimator to join their dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Manage the bid process including initiating bid kick off meetings with internal stakeholders, respond to pre-qualifications, RFQ’s, RFP’s and preparing bid for General Manager’s review and approval.
- Coordinate resources to ensure all bids are submitted on time and are of consistent quality.
- Prepare contract briefing sheets so important contract compliance items are summarized and communicated to Operations.
- Interact with team members on pricing exercises.
- Document customer requirements, working with internal departments, and create proposals to meet requirements.
- Sustain strong internal relationships to gather relevant, accurate, information.
- Calculation of quantities and take offs.
- Request pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Preparing big bond and insurance requests for contracts.
- Update and maintain contract and customer files.
- Organize bid submission reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- 5+ years of relevant experience with estimating, bid management, and contract management.
- Experience in the Construction industry is considered an asset.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including meeting facilitation.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with Estimating systems including HCSS HeavyBid, as well as MS Office
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
For consideration, please contact Denise Fullerton at 506-852-8042 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com