Full-Time CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER
Saint John, NB
Our client, a large, well respected company in Civil Contracting is seeking a Civil Project Manager for their Saint John, NB location. This role will directly lead and manage the company’s client relationship and business development with a major industrial partner located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
In this role, you will demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong collaborative approach to promote and develop new and repeat business opportunities with our partner. The successful candidate will foster strong safety values while providing supervision and guidance for overall objectives, critical issues and new concepts for the project team.
- Liaison with major industrial customer including ownership of day to day relationships with key decision makers on site and project team, job scopes, estimates and resource plans.
- Plan and control the construction of allocated projects to ensure completion in accordance with design requirements and time and cost restraints to achieve profit objectives.
- Collaborating and leading the project team toward preparation of a professional and economical set of plans and specifications.
- Identify areas of opportunities to add value to the customer including reviewing products for cost-effectiveness of design and material selection.
- Tendering, contract awards and contract management.
- Prepare budget and cost report tracking.
- Quantify design changes.
- Manage progress claims and change orders with customers.
- Act as a coach, mentor and resource regarding safety issues to project team.
- Civil Engineering Degree with 5-10+ years’ experience directly to large civil projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification would be considered an asset.
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) designation would be considered an asset or equivalent working experience.
- Strong ability and experience utilizing MS Project.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills within the field of expertise.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills with strong communication to maintain transparency between site and project team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.