As the subject matter expert in compensation and collaborative business partner to senior HR Leaders across our client’s operations, the post holder will provide expertise guidance, support and resource on employee compensation in a timely and effective manner. You will be responsible for the execution and communications of compensation programs, training and initiatives. Working closely with the Vice President HR, you will provide sound compensation expertise in support of the ongoing development of Compensation strategy and practices.
This position can be based in Saint John, Moncton or Halifax.
- Lead the company’s strategy on Pay Equity for both Federal and non-Federal businesses, working with external consultants, legal counsel and internal stakeholders to implement appropriate business compensation plans. Ensure all compliance and reporting requirements are met
- Manage the company’s Job Evaluation program, working with external Consultants to establish a job evaluation process, ensuring appropriate training, documentation and communication with Business and HR leaders
- Manage the company’s compensation framework and organizational job hierarchy. Be the owner and custodian of the company’s Job Catalogue, maintaining its data integrity, applicability and application across the company. Undertake annual and 5-year market review to ensure compensation framework remains competitive.
- Work with Business HR Leaders in the planning, improvement, execution and communication of the annual salary planning process (I Reward), ensuring it is fit for business purpose.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on legislative changes, both planned and actual, evaluating the impact on the company and proposing appropriate changes to how compensation is managed in response to legislation
Qualifications and Experience:
- 15 + years of Human Resource experience, of which at least 5 years have been in compensation or HR role responsible for compensation
- Job Evaluation
- Managing pay structures and job framework in a medium / large size organization
- Managing Annual Merit award process
- Incentive / Bonus management and design
- Familiar with current legislation, in particular pay equity.
- Federal employer experience is desirable but not essential
- Familiar in working with external compensation consultants
To take advantage of this exceptional opportunity please contact Steven Love at 506-857-2156 or forward your resume to his attention by email to email@example.com.