Full-Time Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Saint John, NB
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Operations is a key senior member of the leadership team managing Train Operations. The successful candidate will have a track record of effective leadership, operational excellence, customer service, continuous improvement/optimization, safe operations, and teamwork.
- Manage to performance targets and initiatives, build teamwork, and provide overall leadership
- Analysis and management of various aspects of Operations; including forecasting costs, fuel consumption, labor costs, etc.
- Lead strategic planning, business planning and budgeting process
- Promote a safe work environment including compliance to regulatory requirements & company policies and communicating and remedying safety concerns
Qualifications & Skills:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Engineering; MBA would be a benefit
- 5+ years of leadership experience in an operational role; Railway experience is an asset
- Strong leadership skills and behaviors with an emphasis on efficient operations and quality work
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of managing financial requirements, deadlines and priorities
- The ability to develop, motivate, and foster positive relationships with teams and customers
Please send resume to Jared Larsen in preferred format of PDF.