Full-Time DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Director of Operations
Saint John, NB
Our client, a large well establish trucking and transportation company based in Saint John, NB has an opening for a Director of Operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for the P&L for the business and a large team of 200+ associates.
Scope of Position:
• Develop and implement a strategic plan that aligns with the Transportation groups strategic and operational plans;
• Demonstrate thought leadership to realize operational excellence through analytical insights, data driven decisions & cutting-edge industry best practices;
• Engage, motivate, coach & collaborate with a diverse team through agile people leadership;
• Utilize continuous improvement methodologies to achieve cost efficiencies and enable process improvement through planning and capacity management functions;
• Lead cross-departmental alignment through stakeholder consultation across key functional areas including asset management, customer administration, sales, safety, brokerage, operations and human resources.
Qualifications & Key Attributes
• Completion of an undergraduate degree, MBA considered an asset
• Operational work experience including experience leading large teams
• Persuasive communicator, charismatic leader
• Experience driving organizational change
• Advanced computer skills and the ability to drive data analytics and insights