Director of Product Development – Sawmills
Our client is one of the largest lumber producers in Canada. It ships products throughout Eastern Canada and all along the US Eastern Seaboard with a strong focus on quality and service.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Sawmills Division, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform market studies on new solid and engineered wood trends with the goal to add value to current fiber supply. By building long term strategic partnership with research and development organizations, including manufacturing equipment suppliers, the Director of Product Development will define all technical properties of the tree species growing on our client’s timberland.
In this role, the candidate will be developing business plans including manufacturing investments, supply chain and distribution network that will increase the overall profitability of the Sawmills Division and at the same time increase the level of integration of all wood products currently manufactured through the sawmilling process. She or he will work closely with the Sales and Marketing department at identifying new market segments and introduce new products to potential customers.
– Bachelor degree in Wood Science or Mechanical Engineer or Industrial Engineer.
– MBA is preferred
– 5 to 10 years of experience in managing a Sawmill operation or solid wood manufacturing or engineered wood products manufacturing plant.
– Experience in log, lumber optimization and sawmilling processes.
– Comfortable at conducting high level market studies and building business plan.
– Experience in Hardwood or Eastern white pine Value Added operations would be an asset.
– Exposure to new scanning and optimization technologies in a wood products value added manufacturing environment such as kitchen cabinet components, pallets and engineered wood.
To take advantage of this exceptional opportunity please contact Steven Love at 506-857-2156 or forward your resume to his attention by email to email@example.com