Full-Time DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN
Our client, a large well established group of companies is seeking an experienced senior candidate for the role of Director, Supply Chain.
Reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain, the Director, Supply Chain leads a team of procurement professionals in a centralized Procurement / Supply Chain Department.
This senior level career opportunity provides significant career growth across our diverse businesses.
- Lead high frequency vendor negotiations for all goods and services for the Transportation group of Companies
- Function in highly collaborative environment with peers in the department, as well as business leaders in the Operating companies
- Spend Scope responsibility of $60M across five operating companies in the Transportation group of Companies, including Trucking, Rail, Ocean Vessels, Harbor Tugs, and Dredges with global breadth of vendors for Ocean Vessel fleet
- Execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers focused on the operating companies maximizing opportunity globally and locally
- Influence / Lead Business leaders in the operating companies through annual procurement savings plan
- Fully accountable for execution of the annual procurement savings plan and the results in highly complex categories and supplier markets
- Expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
- Lead, develop and coach team of junior to experienced procurement professionals
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Science, with preference for a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, accompanied by MBA and SCMA Designation
- 15+ years in a senior procurement leadership role
- High level of proven negotiation skills
- Technically fluent in the Transportation industry, with strong business acumen in this segment
- Comfortable in high measured and continuous improvement culture
- Technically fluent in the above segment and business acumen, with high level of analytical skills and curiosity
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.