Full-Time ENGINEERING MANAGER, CSC HULL STRUCTURES & MANUFACTURING
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The Engineering Manager, CSC Hull Structures and Manufacturing is responsible for the production and review of materials associated with the design of ship structures and for the refinement and inclusion of yard production methods in the design products, for the Canadian Surface Combatant Project. The Engineering Manager, CSC Hull Structures and Manufacturing will report to the Director, CSC Platform Systems.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Academically qualified as an engineer with a recognized university bachelor degree able to eventually achieve a Professional Engineer designation in Nova Scotia, Canada
• Ten plus years of experience related to the design of ship structures and production engineering
• Three plus years of experience in a team lead or management role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning
• Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding , or other large military procurement program
• Experience in all aspects of ship structures including hull girder strength, superstructures, equipment foundations, and tertiary steel items
• Experience in many aspects of shipyard production engineering, such as ship structures, marine piping, HVAC, electrical systems, joinery, outfitting, paint, and equipment installation.
• Experience preparing cost options analysis for different production initiatives
• Experience defining performance and environmental requirements
• Experience preparing technical specifications for equipment and material purchases
• Strong communication and personal time management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
Successful Candidate is desired to possess the following qualifications:
• Experience working with classification society rules and classification societies to achieve plan approval for vessel designs and products.
• Experience with managing impacts of naval requirements such as shock resistance, acoustic control and survivability, on ship structures, hull outfitting, arrangements, and associated support systems
• Knowledge of designing ship structures in respect to fatigue and service life based on voyage profiles
• Knowledge of residual strength assessments for surface combatants dealing with the effects of blast damage
• Experience with the structural design and integration of surface combatant mission equipment including aviation facilities, replenishment at sea equipment, combatant warfare equipment, weapon systems, and radar systems.
• Experience with shipyard production systems based on a product orientated build strategy.
• Experience preparing design for manufacturing guidelines that represent a yard build strategy
• Experience consolidating and standardizing commodities for use in production
• Experience preparing structural calculations and reports and reviewing subcontractor calculations and reports
• Experience with structural finite element analysis methods and software tools
• Experience with design and construction projects involving international partnerships
• Experience working within an Integrated Business Management Environment (IBME) that includes an integrated shipbuilding suite of software customized for the design and construction of ships including 3D modeling software, catalogue management, planning, and construction management
• Experience managing large design related subcontractor organizations to deliver products on budget and schedule
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and scheduling software
• Experience working in Integrated Product Teams work structure
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To take advantage of this exceptional opportunity please contact Steven Love at 506-857-2156 or forward your resume to his attention by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.