ENGINEERING MANAGER, CSC PROPULSION and MACHINERY SYSTEMS
Irving Shipbuilding Inc is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The Engineering Manager, CSC Propulsion and Machinery Systems is responsible for engineering activities related to propulsion systems, thrusters & maneuvering systems, auxiliary machinery systems, HVAC systems, and associated equipment, arrangements and piping for the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project at Irving Shipbuilding Inc. The Engineering Manager, CSC Propulsion and Machinery Systems will report to the Director, CSC Platform Systems.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Academically qualified as an engineer with a recognized university bachelor degree able to eventually achieve a Professional Engineer designation in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Ten plus years of experience related to the design and integration of propulsion systems, auxiliary systems, HVAC, and piping systems
- Three plus years of experience in a team lead or management role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning
- Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding , or other large military procurement program
- Experience defining performance and environmental requirements associated with propulsion systems, auxiliary machinery systems, HVAC, and piping systems
- Experience preparing technical specifications for equipment and material purchase
- Strong personal time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To take advantage of this exceptional opportunity please contact Steven Love at 506-857-2156 or forward your resume to his attention by email to firstname.lastname@example.org