Indirect Supply Chain/Purchasing Manager
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The Indirect Purchasing Manager is part of a dynamic team responsible for providing leadership, tactical expertise and energy to successfully develop and deliver Best In Class Indirect procurement capabilities
- Optimisation of Indirect spend to significantly affect the bottom line;
- Automation of the Indirect procurement processes to improve customer engagement experience;
- Development and deployment of a Catalogue solution to Indirect purchasing;
- Negotiated Cost reduction to the annual spend for Indirect materials and services;
- Management of a capable and effective Indirect purchasing team;
- Bring all Indirect spend under management;
- Put in-place processes and systems which help negotiate best pricing where volume leverage is missing;
- Increase the use of preferred suppliers ;
- Communication with Indirect stakeholders to inform on strategic and tactical developments;
- Improve the Indirect spend portfolio by consolidating, standardising and outsourcing indirect items of spend to reduce cost and raised service levels;
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7-10 years’ experience in industries using Best In Class Indirect procurement practices ;
- Able to demonstrate being in leading role(s) transforming Indirect procurement processes and systems;
- Degree in Engineering or Business related subject;
- Professional qualification with recognised supply chain /procurement institute, examples being: SCMA and CIPS.
- Proficient understanding of contract law;
- Proficient understanding of the Canadian Sale of Goods act;
- A practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking;
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills ;
- High energy team player;
- Effective influencing skills;
- Pro-active approach ;
- Win-Win Negotiation approach;
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment;
- Ability to motivate and lead.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To take advantage of this exceptional opportunity please contact Steven Love at 506-857-2156 or forward your resume to his attention by email to email@example.com