Full-Time Labour Relations Lawyer
We are currently recruiting to fill the role of Labour Relations Lawyer for a large and diverse group of companies based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Director of Labour Relations and working closely with each of the various business units, you will provide guidance on labour relations matters such as collective agreements, investigations, disciplinary action and applicable legislation. Additional responsibilities will include:
• providing advice on and participating in grievance investigations, grievance hearings and arbitrations.
• ensuring bargaining objectives are consistent with business needs and overall corporate objectives.
• research and analysis for collective bargaining.
• providing guidance on the interpretation and application of collective agreements.
• providing advice on employment matters including investigations, discipline and terminations.
- a law degree specializing in labour law, or equivalent training or education (including Master’s degree in Industrial Relations)
- CHRP designation would be an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in complex industrial relations matters in the private sector dealing with both unionized and non-unionized work environments.
- experience in grievances, arbitrations and negotiations and bargaining
- ability to work with management in labour relations matters, best practices and dispute resolutions.
- ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, under pressure, within time constraints
Your training and experience in industrial relations combined with excellent interpersonal skills, a high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment will ensure your success with our client.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.