MANAGER OF INTERNAL AUDIT
We are recruiting for an experienced and well-qualified accounting professional to become a key member of our client’s Senior Management Team as their Manager of Internal Audit.
This is a Senior Management position with a successful and well-established, world-class organization. As our client’s new Manager of Internal Audit, you will work closely with other management personnel throughout the organization and report directly to the Director of Internal Audit. You will be specifically responsible for the following:
- Providing leadership to a professional team of auditors as you oversee integrated audits.
- Compiling and presenting audit findings to the Senior Management team, along with your recommendations.
- Spearheading the ongoing development and the implementation of a risk-based internal audit and evaluation program, designed to mitigate financial and operational risk through the effective use of appropriate systems and controls throughout the organization.
- Using your wisdom and experience as a proven leader to identify internal control issues and areas for improved efficiency within the company and then implementing solutions to these problems.
- Interacting with key stakeholders on a project basis to ensure the successful execution of the audit schedule.
- Executing audit follow-up requirements and monitor action plan progress.
- Executing and coordinating on-demand special projects.
- Supporting the annual external financial audits of the Company.
Our client is looking for the following combination of skills, education, and experience in their new Manager of Internal Audit:
- A professional accounting designation is required (CA preferred)
- 8+ years of post-university work experience in position(s) of increasing responsibility
- A comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- You are an analytical thinker who drives insights and seeks problem-solving opportunities and has the ability to plan and organize with strong attention to detail.
- 5+ years of experience in internal audits for large to mid-sized corporations.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbally and a proven leader who excels at motivating others towards excellence.
- You possess a thorough knowledge of sophisticated IT systems and processes.
- Previous managerial experience would be considered an asset
For more information on this outstanding opportunity to further your career with a dynamic, world-class corporation please contact Lynn Breau at 506-852-8043 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com .