Full-Time SAFETY ADVISOR
Saint John, NB
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Safety Advisor to join our fast-paced, dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
• Possess post-secondary education in Safety or related discipline with a minimum duration of 2 years would be an asset
• 5 or more years’ experience in a position related to Occupational Health and Safety, across a variety of industries
• Experience and knowledge in construction, heavy lift and heavy haul would be an asset
• Completion of, or commitment to complete, New Brunswick Construction Safety Association’s COR Training.
• Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety regulations in Atlantic Provinces
• Experience leading a change within an organization
• Establish a culture focused on prevention and leading indicator activities.
• Educate employees and managers about good practices in occupational health and safety
• Coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures related to health and safety
• Ensure compliance with standards and occupational health and safety laws
• Conduct investigations related to incidents, and ensure that recommendations issued are applied
• Keep documentation up-to-date, track safety KPIs, analyze information
• Prepare statistics for key performance indicators
• Coordinate the activities of Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSCs)
• Analyze and keep up-to-date training records and requirements.
• Manage and maintain the various health and safety programs
• Develop, implement, maintain and continually improve the organizations Safety Management Systems as per ISO Registrations, Corporate and Customer Requirements
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.