SALES MANAGER – TRANSPORTATION
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Transportation Manager. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Transportation Manager will manage the sales activities related to the Transportation Division. The position will be responsible for securing new business and ensuring efficient, reliable, high quality service is provided to existing and new customers. The successful candidate will be a results-driven, self-starter with a “Can Do” attitude who will be innovative in dealing with problems and in identifying and taking advantage of opportunities.
• Post-secondary education in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain;
• 3-5 years’ experience in the trucking industry and in logistics management, operations or equivalent role;
• Sales experience in transportation industry ;
• Collaborative “lead by example” team player with the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills;
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
• Source and secure new business and sources of revenue for the transportation division;
• Manage key vendor and customer relationships;
• Determine optimal transportation modes, routing, and equipment to meet customers’ requirements;
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues;
• Manage and coach staff, creating engaging environment and enabling professional growth.
• Promote the Company’s safety agenda.
For consideration, please contact Denise Fullerton at 506-852-8042 or email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com