SENIOR BUYER – Industrial Manufacturing
Our Client is currently looking for a Senior Buyer to join their team in the Maritimes.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing relationships with key suppliers of raw materials
• Maintenance purchasing
• Negotiating formal supply contracts with vendors
• Identifying cost reduction opportunities and conducting market validations of current arrangements by obtaining competitive quotes and/or proposals
• Assisting in developing and implementing procedures for maximizing the use of purchasing software
• Providing monthly reports summarizing purchasing activity
• Ensuring availability of inventory while minimizing procurement costs
• Ensuring that suppliers meet performance measures in relation to quality, quantity and delivery requirements
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Professional purchasing accreditation and a post-secondary education in a related field would be considered assets. Your strong interpersonal skills combined with your proven negotiating skills and attention to detail will ensure your success in this role. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and enjoy working with a variety of individuals.
To apply, please forward your resume via email to email@example.com. All correspondence will remain strictly confidential.