Full-Time Senior Divisional Director
Our client is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors. A recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services, they offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through business digitization initiatives.
We are currently seeking a Senior Divisional Director to join their team in their Saint John, N.B head office.
The Senior Divisional Director is responsible for working closely with the Group Vice President and overseeing the execution of divisional strategy, working across businesses to generate operational leverage with emphasis on achieving business plan goals for revenue growth and diversification as well as profitability enhancement. In addition, he/she will provide oversight to the continuous improvement & analytics team and lead cross-divisional teams on safety, commercial processes and maintenance processes.
The successful candidate will have a track record of leadership, strategic thinking, business growth and improvement with complex businesses. He/she will foster a spirit of enthusiasm, confidence, and teamwork, and will instill in the team a sense of personal responsibility and accountability for results.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Undergraduate Degree, MBA would be a benefit
- 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role
- A strong business presence complemented by resourcefulness, sound business judgment, and a customer focus
- Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational and scheduling skills in relation to resource planning and service execution
- Superior interpersonal skills- someone who listens well, respects a diversity of opinions, maximizes the experience and knowledge of the team and employs an open, clear and succinct communication style with the ability to quickly gain trust and respect
- Work closely with Group Vice President on divisional strategy and identification of key areas of focus and improvement
- Lead major improvement initiatives in businesses or across the division as outlined by the Group Vice President
- Lead the Divisional Continuous Improvement and Analytics team
- Lead divisional cross business Safety and Maintenance teams
- Coordinate the annual Sales and Marketing plan and commercial processes with the businesses and leads Quarterly reviews.
- Drive the implementation of new tools and approaches for Safety, Commercial and Maintenance processes
- Provide timely reporting of results to senior management and collaborate with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders on the development and implementation of plans and strategies
For more information on this opportunity, please forward your resume to Lynn Breau at email@example.com. All correspondence will remain strictly confidential.