Full-Time Sr. Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Location: Saint John, NB
The BI Senior Data Analyst will play a key role establishing and delivering the advanced Analytics agenda. Working directly with business stakeholder, the successful candidate will design, implement and deliver algorithmic, model-driven, statistical or machine learning solutions in consultation internal and external teams. You will work with stakeholders to understand the data and systems in place, and to identify opportunities to apply predictive & prescriptive analytics. This role will act as an expert consultant in big data and modeling, designing/building solutions as well as building understanding of these techniques and technologies in the teams with which they partner.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Model Development & Machine Learning
- Explore and characterize the data available to a particular business unit/team
- Develop and implement predictive & descriptive models
- Participate in the creation of detailed plans and accurate estimates towards development, testing, and implementation of the project or program.
- Interpret larger organizational needs and designing algorithmic solutions that will drive the intended business output
- Support the influence and impact across the enterprise in promoting the analytics strategic direction.
- Help develop proposals and feasibility studies for small to medium projects.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal BI function and the businesses across the enterprise.
- Lead impact analysis and design for large projects.
- Maintain cutting-edge expertise in least one area of machine learning/modelling/statistical methods
- Track academic and business-driven trends in Data Analyst / Science
- Identify new technologies as they become available, and disseminate them to the BI teams
- Present technical sessions/talks to build awareness on aspects of Data Analysts
- Participate in Proof of Concept or Proof of Technology projects
Position Requirements, Education and Experience:
MScE or PhD in statistics, engineering, mathematics, biology, or equivalent
5-10 years of experience with demonstrated learning in the following:
Process Knowledge: Development of predictive/prescriptive models, Design algorithmic solutions, Predictive Tools, Relational Databases
Skills: Linear models, Non-linear models, clustering and modeling/machine learning, R, Python,
Tools: SPSS, Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.