Saint John, NB
Our client has an opening for a Branch Manager in their Saint John, NB location. Reporting to the Director, of Operations, the Branch Manager will be responsible for the achieving key performance measures and providing safety leadership.
- Responsible for the safety, leadership, and management of the day-to-day activities for the Saint John Branch
- Adhere to and enforce all Irving Equipment policies, procedures, and compliance. Ensure ongoing communication of policies and procedures through daily/weekly and recurring meetings.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with and ensure regular communication with all operations team and customers.
- Promote a positive labour/employee relations climate and teamwork. Build and promote a culture of team-wide leadership behaviors. As required, attend labour relations meetings.
- Coordinate operational and administrative activities for area of responsibility and ensure effective delivery of service to all Irving Equipment customers. In close collaboration with all branches and dispatch, set up appropriate planning of personnel and/or equipment.
- Long term planning and strategy development to deliver continued value to customers and affiliates.
- Assess, manage, and motivate all direct reports with a strong emphasis on planning, organization, preparation, follow up and communication.
- Works closely with asset management to determine asset requirements for short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Conducts performance reviews for all staff. Formulate and implement employee corrective actions as needed. Work with HR and/or classification board for employee development plans.
- Maintain client relations and actively promote solutions. Respond to RFPs and draft/issue quotes as required.
- Manage the planning of budgets, revenue, and expenses. Attend all meetings. Accountable for overall financial results of the Branch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Operations or Engineering, or Associate’s Degree with equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related industry; management experience in construction and a unionized environment strongly preferred.
- Accounting Management experience.
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications, or equivalent continuous improvement experience is an asset.
- Strong technical background.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Track record of strong leadership, team building, organizational, and change management skills.
- Action-orientated individual with the demonstrated ability to proactively combine interpersonal skills with strong technical acumen.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), and inventory management systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in managing complex customer relationships.
- Travel within Atlantic Canada may be required.
- Valid driver’s license.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rini John (email@example.com) at 506-852-8049 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.