Reporting to the Vice President of Environment, Health, Safety and Operational Excellence, the Director of Operational Excellence will lead the OPEX programs across several industry sectors (including consumer products, food production, transportation and agriculture) for this Moncton-based operation. The primary responsibility of this role is to deploy strategy and systems which ensure the business leaders deliver targeted savings, capacity creation, and capability development in focused long-term plans.
As leader of the OPEX team, the director and respective team members will facilitate the corporate OPEX strategy, goals, practices, and ensure the annual check and adjust for overall delivery of cost savings across Moncton-based companies. They will also work closely with operations leaders and GMs to develop and support continuous improvement programs and best practice deployment.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications or relevant experience:
- University or College degree with a concentration in Engineering, Operations, or Business.
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt (minimum) or equivalent with a demonstrated understanding of Lean principles (Black Belt or Master Black Belt preferred).
- Minimum of eight years of experience in business operations and/or manufacturing plant leadership.
- Experience in Change Management (Prosci®ADKAR experience and/or certification preferred).
- Project and/or program management experience.
- Strong people skills with the ability to direct and engage team members and influence other executive stakeholders across all levels of leadership and multiple company divisions.
- Strong time management, presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Coordinate the OPEX Program including the goal establishment and tracking of full potential value delivery of all our client’s Moncton-based companies.
- Collaborate and coordinate progress to OPEX long-term goals for savings, capacity generation, and capability development through regular CEO and company engagement cadence aligned with the annual strategy and budget progress.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for increasing the capacity of the business to improve maturity in the Irving Management System to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and capacity.
- Ensure that company plans include resourcing and capability building training (CI belting and other) which supports delivery of operational excellence goals.
- Establish measurable KPIs across divisions which support the achievement of operational excellence goals.
- Best practice deployment which supports and expands the adoption of technology including corporate and industry-wide best practices that support the pursuit of world-class performance.
- Support the development and use of industry benchmarking for OPEX key performance indicators (KPIs) which relate to each company’s products and services to establish ‘full potential’ target setting.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Lynn Breau at 506-852-8043 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.