DIRECTOR, CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS
Saint John, NB
Our client has a great opportunity for a Director, Credit and Collections.
As Director, Credit and Collections you will be part of a large finance group of +220 employees.
The Director, Credit and Collections reports to the Senior Director, Shared Services and leads all aspects of the credit and collection activities.
We are seeking an accomplished senior leader who possess an elevated comprehension of credit risk management strategies and collection practices. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of building and establishing both internal and external relationships.
- Oversee the company’s credit granting activities, ensuring credit policies and standards are followed, including the adjudication of new credit applications
- Recommend policy and procedural changes to senior management
- Actively monitor the portfolio of accounts for trends and changes in credit quality
- Lead the team of credit professionals, including coaching and career development
- Deliver the monthly credit update to the Executive Leadership team highlighting exposure and opportunities
- Lead the credit and collection review meetings with operations, including the recommendation of accounts on the AFDA list and initiate legal & third-party collection activities
- Lead process improvement initiatives to minimize errors and rework in the Order to Cash process
- Maintain industry knowledge and awareness of best practices related to credit risk management
- University or master’s degree in business
- 10+ years’ experience in credit risk management (CCP Designation is considered an asset)
- Previous team leadership experience
- Experience working with automated credit and collection systems
- Strong knowledge of Construction Credit Law, Bond Claims, Bankruptcy Act
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong acumen in reading and analyzing Financial Statements
- Previous experience leading process improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extreme high attention to detail and time management
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.