Our client, Irving Business Services, provides professional services to the J.D. Irving, Limited group of Companies. The Human Resources Team for Irving Business Services supports Finance, Supply Chain, Corporate Human Resources, Health Services, Project Engineering, Communications, and Irving Air Services Functions.
As the Director of Human Resources for Irving Business Services (IBS), you provide strategic input, leadership, and oversight on all human resource aspects for IBS including workforce planning, recruitment and retention, training and development, talent, compensation and benefits, and employee engagement. Based in its Head Office in Saint John, NB the Director is responsible to coach and mentor a small team of HR professionals. As part of the larger JD Irving senior HR leadership team, you will have the opportunity to engage with, and influence, the strategic direction of the Human Resources function across the wider organization.
- As a member of the Leadership Team for all IBS Functions, you will collaborate with the Vice President and Function Leaders to establish and execute the function’s people strategy
- You will lead and develop the capabilities of the IBS HR team to ensure that they:
- develop and execute recruitment and talent acquisition strategies
- manage employee relations, execute all people initiatives, deliver key metrics, and manage risks
- drive improvement in engagement results and the overall employee experience
- facilitate compensation review, recommending adjustments and/or changes to compensation and strategy
- deliver effective talent management by supporting management, as they seek learning and development opportunities.
- Working with the Corporate Vice President of Human Resources and the Functional Vice Presidents you will drive improvement in creating a robust pipeline of talent for leadership succession across the functions. Specifically, you will:
- advance the consistency and maturity of talent identification and review processes in the functions
- consult with VPs to identify actions and solutions that address functional needs to improve the quality and depth of talent
- coach members of the functional leadership teams to improve their skills in the identification and development of talent
- Education Required: Relevant undergraduate degree. MBA and/or professional CPHR designation or equivalent
- 10+ years of human resources experience
- People Leadership experience
- Depth of knowledge in a wide variety of HR competency areas including recruitment
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and achieve required objectives
- Demonstrated effective organizational, problem-solving, planning, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated use of sound judgment and reliable decision making
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation and business acumen
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Lynn Breau at 506-852-8043 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.