Our client is seeking a Director, Human Resources for their Halifax, NS location.
- Education Required: Relevant undergraduate degree. MBA and/or professional CPHR designation or equivalent.
Years of Experience Required:
- 10 years of human resources experience in a major shipbuilding yard, defense contractor, or heavy manufacturing environment.
- 8 years as a senior people leader with an HR team of 20 or more.
- Depth of knowledge in a wide variety of HR competency areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and achieve required objectives.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, problem-solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated use of sound judgment and reliable decision making.
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation and business acumen.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Serving a senior member of the HR leadership team and is responsible for setting and executing the strategy of the HR organization in collaboration with the Vice President and other HR Directors.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team of HR professionals which may compose any number of HR competencies (Organizational Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition, Strategic Talent Management, Compensation, Time and Attendance, Labour Relations and HR Advisory Services).
- Maintaining close relationships, coordination, and collaboration with executive leaders, directors and people leaders and union officials across ISI and JD Irving to meet all program requirements and to ensure production schedules are met and organization-wide strategies are successfully implemented. and thereby further enhance the company’s well-established reputation for overall quality and customer service.
- Developing the capability of the HR team as a whole and provide sound and engaging leadership.
- Adeptly analyze industry trends, human resource best practices and evolving technology to proactively identify HR-related issues to maximize our organizational effectiveness and further enhance our organizational culture.
- Leading the labour relations and people strategies to ensure all requirements are met, key metrics and balanced scorecard results are achieved, and risks are minimized. This will include the development and execution of a negotiation strategy that delivers against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with our unionized workforce.
- Strategic problem-solving, using sound judgement, and anticipating, communicating, and navigating challenges frequently associated with managing issues and opportunities within a complex work environment.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Lynn Breau at 506-852-8043 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.