Saint John, NB
Our client is seeking a Manager for their distribution center in Saint John, NB
The Manager will be the leader and a collaborative member of the Leadership Team reporting into the Director of Supply Chain for the Retail and Distribution Division. The manager will have a strong focus on operational excellence as well as a strong understanding of warehouse management systems. The manager will interact with their primary customer on a regular basis and will be responsible for maintaining a collaborative and cohesive relationship. The Manager will oversee the daily operations to ensure a positive, safe, and profitable working environment.
- Ensuring that there are safe working conditions available for our associates and that our associates are following safety policies and procedures.
- Strategic and long-term planning
- Input and shared oversight of warehouse expansion planning and execution
- Oversight of receiving, kitting, shipping and inventory control activities.
- Leading daily, weekly, monthly planning meetings.
- Maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Evaluating key productivity indicators and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Benchmarking results and introducing best practices. Evaluating and improving the financial performance of the operation.
- Supporting budgeting activities.
- Continuously improving employee engagement.
- Developing reports as required.
- Developing talent and ensuring that there is a robust succession plan in place.
- Developing positive and collaborative working relationships with the support divisions.
- Undergraduate degree is considered an asset, especially industrial engineering
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Proven experience managing a P&L or cost center is considered an asset.
- High learning and social agility. An aptitude for problem-solving.
- Warehousing, inventory management, and/or distribution experience is considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding observation, organizational and leadership skills.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.