Our client in the manufacturing industry has an opening for a Finance Manager in Moncton, NB.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for providing advice, guidance, consultation and support for all areas of finance related to the manufacturing plant and its process.
Plant costs include but are not limited to fixed, variable, and overhead.
- University Degree with a concentration / major in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting / Finance
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment would be a strong asset
- Systems aptitude and excellent PC skills are a must (JD Edwards, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Knowledge and passion for Continuous Improvement methods and tools
- Comfortable presenting up to senior level audiences
- Microsoft Office Excel skills (intermediate to expert proficiency level)
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience in budgeting and strategy / business planning
- Ability to handle sensitive business information with confidence
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- In conjunction with the corporate finance team, translate strategic direction into the manufacturing plant
- Supervision of a team of direct report(s)
- Lead the planning, preparation and communication of plant manufacturing, maintenance and overhead cost budgeting process
- Regularly update the plant leadership team on monthly and forecasted performance to budget and work with departments to understand and develop action plans to close any gaps
- Responsible for the preparation, interpretation and communication of monthly manufacturing accounting statements through use of manufacturing accounting systems
- Conduct feasibility studies in partnership with other departments on various capital projects to support cost reductions and plant improvements
- Work closely with the Continuous Improvement (CI) department to ensure cost savings projects are properly tracked and delivering. Provide regular update and guidance to leadership team on monthly and forecasted results of CI savings
- Responsible for communication and presentation of key plant metrics to senior leadership, plant leadership and various key stakeholders. Also responsible for preparing and presenting yearly budgets to the executive team supported by the plant manager.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.