Human Resources Manager – Central New Brunswick
Chipman, NB (Greater Fredericton)
Our client, a large well established company in the Forest Products industry has an opportunity open for a Human Resources Manager. This is an exciting permanent full-time role based in Chipman, New Brunswick with responsibilities for multiple locations and will manage a team of HR Business Partners.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Human Resources preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a strategic Human Resources role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience delivering HR solutions in a complex, multi-site operation is considered an asset
- Labour relations experience is considered a strong asset
- CPHR designation considered an asset
- Customer focused with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills who excels at coaching others.
- Energetic self-starter who enjoys working autonomously in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple activities
What You Will Achieve:
- Ensure consistent application of HR policies and procedures across broad portfolio including two sawmill locations, one peat bog farm, woodlands operation, and multiple garages
- Provide expertise and hands-on support in a broad range of HR functions including employee relations, leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, compensation, and recruitment/retention
- Lead labour relations and people strategies to ensure all requirements are met, key metrics and balanced scorecard results are achieved, and risks are minimized
- Maintain close relationships, coordination, and collaboration with executives, directors, and people leaders across the divisions to meet all current and future HR requirements and to ensure production schedules are met and organization-wide strategies are successfully implemented
- Serve as a dynamic leader on the Sawmills and Woodlands high-performance HR Management team contributing to strategy and delivery
- Strategic problem-solving while demonstrating sound judgement, and anticipating, communicating, and navigating challenges frequently associated with a complex work environment
- Coach a team of HR Business Partners and supporting their professional development
- Identify and address continuous improvement opportunities within HR and HR data sources
- Lead HR workforce planning for the region and advise on forecasting and growth
- Support a growing workforce immigration and settlement services program
- Adeptly analyze industry trends, human resource best practices and evolving technology to proactively identify HR-related issues to maximize our organizational effectiveness and further enhance our organizational culture
- Develop communication, prepare, and deliver presentations and correspondence
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.