New Annan, PEI
Our client in food manufacturer has an opening for a Human Resources Specialist in New Annan, PEI.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Specialist will assist in the delivery and execution of programs and policies for several functional areas of HR in support of the business.
The Human Resource Specialist will assist the HR team in delivering HR services at the highest quality standards.
- Completion of College diploma or University degree; with Human Resources as the primary area of focus.
- Experienced in Recruitment, Labour Relations, and Employee Engagement initiatives.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Unionized Environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & oral), and presentation skills.
- Proven coaching and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills and time management.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and/or assist with recruitment/on-boarding, employee engagement, and performance management activities.
- Provide guidance to Leadership Team regarding the application of the Collective Agreement (grievance management) and various legislations.
- Support Leadership Team with conflict management, coaching, leadership development and succession planning.
- HR Representative for Island Gas Division.
- Labour Management Committee Chair.
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement opportunities within the department and Leadership Team.
- Responsible for maintaining, preparing, and analyzing reports from our employee database systems: HCM, Kronos, Access, and Sharepoint.
- Responsible for basic employee file maintenance and HR policies. Maintains records on vacation, sick leave, etc.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.