Leader, Accounting and Reporting – Transportation
Saint John, NB
Our client is seeking a Leader, Financial Accounting and Reporting. This leadership role is based in Saint John, New Brunswick and works closely with all stakeholders to drive organizational value through ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the accounting and reporting function.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation.
- 5 years of post-designation experience
- Highly self-motivated, innately curious, and solutions focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Previous team leadership experience, with a demonstrated track record of successful coaching and team development
- Strong ability to research and document accounting issues and good depth and breadth of experience with financial statement preparation and reporting
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Responsible for the management, planning and deliverables of the financial accounting team, supporting the Marine Group of Companies within the Transportation Division
- Recognize and understand the level of support young Chartered Accounting Professionals (CPA’s) need early in their career
- Ability to recognize your team members individual strengths while still providing the proper coaching for their personal development
- Experience and capability to relate to, and gain the respect of, people from diverse professional backgrounds
- Reporting to, and in collaboration with the Divisional Controller, ensure the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the accounting activities.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the operations of the Marine Group of Companies.
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Liaising with operational and financial teams at various levels to gather all information relevant to the accounting function
- Financial accounting, including general ledger maintenance
- Financial and operating statement reporting for all legal entities and operating companies in the group
- Periodic financial reporting, including weekly reports.
- Standard variance reporting, plus ad hoc analysis
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.