Leader, Financial Accounting and Reporting
Saint John, NB (Hybrid)
This leadership role works closely with all stakeholders to drive organizational value through ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the accounting and reporting function.
- Bachelor’s degree, and Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- 5 years of post-designation experience
- Highly self-motivated, curious, and solutions focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Previous team leadership experience, with a demonstrated track record of successful coaching and team development
- Strong ability to research and document accounting issues and good depth and breadth of experience with financial statement preparation and reporting
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Reporting to, and in collaboration with the Divisional Director of Finance, the priority and responsibility of this role is to ensure the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the accounting function through:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the operations of the Construction & Equipment Group of Companies
- Managing and coaching the accounting team supporting the Construction & Equipment Group of Companies
- Working with the JDI Finance team, and others to ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures in accordance with applicable accounting guidelines
- Liaising with operational and financial professionals at various levels to gather all information relevant to the accounting function
- Working with external auditors at interim and year end to ensure all audit timelines are met
- Responsible for planning, leading, and, as necessary, performing the following activities:
- Financial accounting, including general ledger maintenance
- Financial and operating statement reporting for all legal entities and operating Companies in the group
- Periodic financial reporting, including weekly reports, statement reviews and variance analysis
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.