Our client, a leader in the Forest Products industry is looking for a Maintenance Manager. As the Maintenance Manager your primary responsibility is to the people you support ensuring that they grow as industrial mechanics, welders, and electricians, do quality work towards the maintenance and efficiency of the site, and are always approaching every task with a safety-first mindset.
Some key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Committing to and always promoting the use of safe practices
- Leading industrial mechanics, welders, and electricians in a production/manufacturing setting
- Coaching the maintenance team to achieve performance metrics
- Training and developing apprentice(s)
- Suggesting and leading potential and active projects
- Controlling cost, labour, and time on projects
- Participating in the development and improvement of maintenance best practices and mill operating practices
- Assisting with parts and inventory control
- Preparing and submitting daily and weekly reports and payroll
- The ideal candidate for this role will have mechanical knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment, experience prioritizing competing demands, and strong leadership skills.
- This position will be filled by a person who has a self-starter mentality, a drive to persevere through complex problems, and the desire to lead with a hands-on technique.
Education, certifications, and experience required:
- Engineering degree, trade certification, or associate degree in a related technical or mechanical field
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- 2-3 years of successful supervisory experience
Education, certifications, and experience considered an asset:
- Lean Six Sigma certifications
- Microsoft Office experience
- JD Edwards E1 experience
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.