Saint John, NB
Our client, a well established and respected civil contractor has an opening for a Maintenance Manager in Saint John, NB
- Lead and develop a team of hourly and salary employees.
- Manage government licensing for the Maintenance Shop and Paint Shop.
- Keep tools & equipment updated & inspected.
- Carry out monthly inspections.
- Use computer software to effectively manage department financials, repair schedules, and the preventative maintenance program.
- Communicate regularly with operations and dispatch to ensure resource capacity aligns with repair plans to meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Drive and sustain a 5S culture with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, providing guidance and leadership as required.
- Facilitate safety meetings and other related work-related sessions.
- Participate in and manage the on-call rotation list for shop staff.
- Trade Certification in Heavy Equipment Maintenance/ Truck and Trailer Maintenance or College Diploma in related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in supervising the repair of Heavy Equipment or equivalent maintenance management program.
- Strong organizational skills, coordinating and scheduling of resources.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic skill of moderate to complex issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Proactive, detail oriented and a sense of urgency is required.
- Background knowledge in mechanics, hydraulic and electrical systems is an asset.
- Experience in the Construction or Equipment industry is an asset.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings and manuals is an asset.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rini John (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 506-852-8049 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.