Process Improvement Engineer
Our client, a well-established and successful manufacturing company has an opening for a Process Improvement Engineer in their Richibucto,NB location.
The Process Improvement Engineer’s responsibilities involve developing new process improvements initiatives, analyze and improve labour efficiencies, validate labour processes and routings, develop layouts for better workflow, improve labour tracking systems and conduct time studies to increase the company’s profitability.
The Process Improvement Engineer can work in any division or areas throughout the business where they are assigned.
The Process Improvement Engineer interacts with many internal departments related to his or her assignment which could include mainly: operations, maintenance, engineering, sales, pricing and planning. They also deal with external contacts within their relevant industry which may include contacts with suppliers, equipment manufacturers, customers, etc. The Engineer gets guidance from the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Develop process improvement projects
- Conduct and analyze time studies to develop standard hours, capacity and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Train and guide production employees on efficient work methods
- Analyze workflows within departments and the company to minimize costs
- Manage large and medium scope projects with minimal guidance
- Keep projects on track to meet tight deadlines and project budgets
- Create project plans and project reports
- Provide manufacturing improvement solutions
- Assist in planning, layout design and coordination of equipment installation
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Initiate and facilitate problem solving and process improvement opportunities
- Conduct cost savings analysis and ROI’s on new and existing production processes
- Develop documentation for product and manufacturing process such as work instructions and troubleshooting guides
- Develop analytical programs to monitor and support operations
- Analyze data as required and develop technical reports
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems
- Promote safety throughout the manufacturing facility
- All other duties as assigned by the manager
Typical Challenges Encountered
- Manage simultaneous project tasks
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Achieving client/company requirements
- Optimizing performance of new and existing products
- Meeting CSA, UL, or other regulating body’s requirements on new and existing products
- Production worker and supervisor confrontations
- Ongoing pressure for product and continuous manufacturing improvement simultaneously
- Exercise proper judgment calls facing project hurdles
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of computer programming
- Highly organized and creative
- Possess engineering leadership
- Strong research and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team
- University (BACC) degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering having or being eligible for the P. Eng designation.
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace, high accountability results driven environment
- Bilingualism would be an asset
- Must possess a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment
- Experience in CAD
- Ability and experience working with other departments (cross-functional team)
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.