Our client, a well-established and respected manufacturer, is looking for a Production Planner for their Scarborough, ON location. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the primary responsibility for the Production Planner is to prepare, plan and release production plans, dispatch reports, capacity plans and requisitions to ensure the timely supply of products and material to both internal and external customers. Organize and execute daily plan for all Purchase Orders to ship with acceptable fill rates in a timely manner.
- Production planning including preparing and adjusting production schedules based on forecast, level load, inventory and customer demands.
- Prepare short list reports and assist Production Supervisors to plan for daily/weekly production.
- Prepare Manning Priority Report and audit Production compliance as needed.
- Prepare fill rate reports; Monitor reports daily for fill rates and ship dates including internal orders.
- Review customer requirements with customer service. Utilize those requirements as a guideline for production planning dates.
- Communicate production or supply issues immediately to Director of Operations, Manager of Purchasing, and customer service for resolution.
- Assist inventory team with inventory questions, cycle counts and inventory discrepancies.
- Coordinate with all support roles including corporate Planning department, purchasing, inventory control, production, quality, and shipping to support the goal of 100% on-time delivery.
- Processing of MRO and engineering requisitions
- Releasing demands to suppliers and coordinating with outside support services
- Train in other aspects of the business as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and analyze data.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, requiring intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and LEAN principles an asset.
- Strong research and creative thinking skills
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.