Our client is looking for an analytical and detail-oriented Production Planner to coordinate production to meet customer driven demand and inventory strategies. A production planner is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production plan to ensure all plans are clear, optimized for efficiency, and achievable. As Production Planner you have great communication and relationship building skills to ensure a smooth transition along the entire supply chain. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production priorities to operations while ensuring shipping can meet customer demand in-full and on time. Any production limitations and shortcomings need to be understood, expedited, and managed successfully with a sense of urgency.
- Coordinate production workflow for multiple products/departments by setting production priorities and expectations and following up on actual output to ensure plans were followed
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure ideal performance with minimum interruptions
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage and develop plans to overcome these bottlenecks
- Provide delivery commitments to our customers and sales team
- Measure and monitor production labour and equipment capacities and develop plans to stay within those constraints
- Cultivate and manage effective communications and working relationships cross-functionally
- Ensure change over times, standard hours, rates and demonstrated capacity are accurately reflected in the planning systems
- Maintain data quality and integrity within the scheduling tools
- Analyze delays and interruptions and accordingly adjust production schedule to meet deadlines
- Expedite issues preventing production from meeting customer orders in-full and on time
- Investigate production problems, analyze root causes and provide solutions
- Analyze production trends and drive root cause analysis and recommendations for improvement in our planning and production processes
- University degree preferred
- Technical certifications such as an APICS certification is a bonus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Fine attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous and diligent decision making
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job please visit personnel-search.com.