Our client is seeking a high-performance Production Supervisor to join their management team located in Chipman, NB.
- Reporting to the Sawmill Superintendent, the Production Supervisor drives on-site employee performance towards the achievement of company business objectives relating to safety, productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and efficiency.
- The Production Supervisor achieves results through others by providing clear communication, effective coaching, and addressing employee concerns to promote a culture of teamwork, accountability, and strong engagement.
- As the Supervisor, you will work alongside your team to motivate and enhance their capabilities through effective performance management addressing key performance indicators, training, and team development.
You will bring:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma/trade certification, preferably in industrial technology or engineering, forestry, business administration, or management
- Ideal candidates will possess 4+ years of supervisory experience along with the demonstrated ability to lead a team. Experience with in an industrial or production environment is preferred.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Committed to top performance in a safe work environment
- Demonstrate the ability and interest to take part in additional training and take on progressively more responsible roles within the organization.
- Available to work flexible hours (day and night shifts)
You will deliver:
- Leadership, support, and direction to a production team of 16-20 employees
- Ensure quality, safety, engagement, and environmental standards are being met
- Monitor productivity throughout the shift and adjust tasks, resources, scheduling, or inputs so that production targets are met, and resources are used efficiently.
- Training and development for team members
- Support continuous improvement efforts (get suggestions, report problems, lead team problem solving sessions, coach problem resolution)
- Administrative support such as scheduling personnel, submitting weekly payroll, and daily reporting
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Jared Larsen at 506-852-8068 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.