If you are motivated by connecting with others and leading change this is an opportunity to spread your wings in a new, diverse, and critical position within a fast-paced environment. Our client, a large well-established and respected group of companies is looking for a Senior Business Analyst, Analytics. The potential candidate will combine traditional business analytics and scrum master competencies with a knowledge of and passion for the use of analytics to drive operational business value.
- Optimizing and modernizing processes through the identification and implementation of analytics solutions;
- Successful completion and implementation of analytics projects;
- Assessment and measurement of business value delivery.
The primary day to day accountabilities of this person are:
- Acting as the lead face to our business partners in the realization of business value through advanced analytics;
- Understanding the actual needs of stakeholders—which frequently involves investigating and clarifying their expressed desires—in order to determine underlying issues and causes
- Aligning designed and delivered solutions with the current and future analytics and data needs of stakeholders with an in depth understanding of applicable business systems, process capabilities, industry requirements and emerging digital trends;
- Managing the backlog of advanced analytics activity across the Data Science team to optimize value delivery and meet commitments to our business partners;
- Owning the analytics stage-gate process and ensure that projects meet gate requirements in terms of value potential, data quality and business readiness;
- Ensuring successful completion of Stage III (production stage) initiatives to embed analytics in production environments or formal business processes;
- Building business cases, defining use cases and developing test cases for analytics solutions;
- Assessing external analytics technologies to make build/buy decisions;
- Ensuring solution alignment with integrity, confidentiality, architectural and security requirements;
- As a business liaison and emerging leader in the analytics space, the Senior Business Analyst, Analytics will be eligible for the organizations BA development program and may be eligible for other leadership and career development opportunities subsequently.
- A University Degree in a related discipline
- 5-10 years’ work experience in a business environment, preferably in complex IT environments
- 3-5 years of experience in data analytics;
- Experience with Agile methodologies for project management
- Familiarity with the concepts of operational data stores, data warehouses, and data lakes
- Experience with data science platforms
- Experience with leading, leveraging, and creating the following analysis techniques:
- Decision Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Customer focused: motivated by inspiring others to do things differently
- A practiced communicator with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Organized, analytical and business savvy
- Technically inclined, process oriented and driven by a natural curiosity
- Happy in an environment where you can work independently as well as collaboratively
- A continuous learner: acquiring new skills and software applications is second nature
- At home in a fast-paced work environment where solutions are not always clearly defined
- Certified Business Analysis Professional CBAP
- Foundations of Enterprise Data Analytics
- Lean/Green Belt Six Sigma
- Business Process Modeling
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rini John (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 506-852-8049 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.