Saint John, NB
Our client, a group of very successful companies with over 18000 employees, has an opening for a Senior Manager, Audit & Risk Management.
As a successful candidate you will help in leading the function of daily operations while providing consultation on corporate controls and enterprise risk management. As a senior member of the Corporate Internal Audit Team, you will act as a key partner on behalf of the organization and all of its affiliated companies.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of leadership, demonstrating strong analytical and communication skills, and have a passion for consultation and investigative research.
- In collaboration with the broader leadership team, develop and execute the annual Internal Audit Plan through the performance of complex assurance, forensic, and consultative engagements aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of corporate processes.
- Consult with and influence business leaders in the implementation of risk mitigating controls and processes.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a diverse group of 6-10 audit professionals through their personal development & performance goals.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the function’s processes and procedures to enhance the speed and quality of audit output and delivery.
- Oversee the development and improvement of processes and infrastructures aimed at detecting and mitigating the risk of abuse.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with team members and senior and executive management to encourage open dialogue and a collaborative approach to problem solving, continuous improvement, and corporate risk mitigation.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit principles and practices, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in an audit/risk role; of which a minimum of 3 are at the management level in industry.
- Post-Secondary Degree specializing in Finance, Business, or a related field.
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) and/or equivalent professional risk management or audit designation(s) required.
- A demonstrated understanding of the application of audit and enterprise risk management standards and control frameworks with the ability to plan and coordinate multiple engagements.
- Strong people leadership experience, with the ability to energize, engage and develop a strong performing team.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with report writing and delivering presentations and training to senior leaders and team members.
- Strategic thinker, with an agile mindset.
- A high degree of personal integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rini John (email@example.com) at 506-852-8049 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.