Grand Falls, NB
Our client, a well-established and respected company in the Transportation industry is looking for a Terminal Supervisor for their Grand Falls, NB, Terminal.
The successful candidate will report to the Terminal Manager and play an integral role in effectively running the day-to-day operations of the terminal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Dock walk – ascertain workload and preplan for days tasks, review staffing for the day and discuss any predicted obstacles for the day (as well to view cleanliness of dock, amount of freight on dock and equipment needs)
- Perform dispatch functions (preparing manifest and downloading handhelds)
- Review staffing for the day, staff requirements to ensure all orders are out for delivery, review equipment needed to ensure all customer requirements are filled.
- Respond to any correspondence and voice mail within agreed.
- Ensure cross dock scanning compliance.
- Ensure load assignment compliance.
- Ensure handheld compliance.
- Review evening requirements and preplan staff and equipment (both dock and P&D drivers)
- Review following weekly vacation schedule with dispatch and advise appropriate department of staff that will be absent.
- Attend all assigned meetings (Operations meeting and Safety committee)
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
Essential Competencies and Requirements:
- Minimum 12 months previous supervisory experience
- CITT certification or university/college degree in related field considered an asset.
- Must be computer literate with Outlook, Windows, Excel and MSWord.
- Must also be able to communicate clearly and concisely and ensure team goals are met.
- Possess exceptional time management skills and have the proven ability to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.