Our client is seeking a full-time Tree Improvement Manager to be based in Moultrie, Georgia.
The position will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s southern tree improvement program, including breeding and testing, cone harvest and CMP planning, and providing seed orchard establishment recommendations.
This position will play a key role in our client’s Seedlings management team and will report to the VP Production US South.
Tree Improvement Manager tasks and responsibilities include:
- Organize, direct, and assist in all aspects of cooperative and internal tree improvement activities: selection, breeding, testing.
- Develop and maintain strategy for internal populations.
- Assist with annual seed orchard production modeling efforts.
- Assist in planning the orchard grafting, roguing, and CMP programs.
- Support the company’s sales team.
- Supervise the Research Department employees.
- PHD in Forest Tree Improvement is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in tree improvement, preferably in the southern US.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers is essential.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work with others is required.
- Good communication skills and computer proficiency are required.
- The position will require up to 20% overnight travel.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.