Some reasons to explore Atlantic Canada
Atlantic Canada is made up of the four most eastern Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. Over 2.3 million people call Atlantic Canada home.
Atlantic Canada is well connected to major North American markets by road, sea, air and rail. In fact, Atlantic Canada is within one day’s driving distance of more than one-third of the entire population of North America. Our four international airports offer dozens of daily flights to major destinations and we have year-round deepwater ports two days closer to Europe than any other port on the eastern seaboard.
People like living here. They like the four-season activities, the natural beauty, the welcoming smiles, the pace, the peace and security.
This information is from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency website and more details on Atlantic Canada can be found here.
Here are several informative links and resources throughout Atlantic Canada:
- University of New Brunswick
- Mount Allison University
- St. Thomas University
- Université de Moncton
- Crandall University
- Dalhousie University
- Saint Mary’s University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- University of Kings College
- Acadia University
- NSCAD University
- University of P.E.I.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Halifax Herald (Halifax, NS Area)
- The Daily Gleaner (Fredericton, NB) – Subscription Required
- Telegraph-Journal (Saint John, NB) – Subscription Required
- Times & Transcript (Moncton, NB) – Subscription Required