New Annan, PEI
Our client, Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen potato products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world.
Reporting to the Cost Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will provide accurate and timely reporting for internal and external users of financial information for the Cavendish Group of Companies by maintaining the integrity of their financial reporting system. In addition, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a “can do” attitude, and will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and analyzing weekly and monthly financial statements
- Monitoring internal controls and compliance
- Aiding in the annual budgeting process
- Identifying accounting process improvements
- Developing information solutions for corporate decision makers and making recommendations for systems enhancements
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in accounting with an accounting designation (CA, CMA , CGA or CPA), or working towards it
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong sense of urgency and detail-oriented, with a focus on delivering high quality work
- Motivated to continually ensure integrity and improve financial reporting
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Rini John at 506-852-8049 for a confidential exchange of information. Or use the “Apply For Job” button at the bottom to confidentially share a copy of your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.