SENIOR MANAGER – ENGINEERING SERVICES
Saint John, NB
Our client is seeking a Senior Manager – Engineering Services for their Saint John, NB location. As Senior Manager – Engineering Services you will lead the front-end development (identification, evaluation, justification, and definition) of capital projects, project engineering services and the engagement and stewardship of external engineering services. Your goal will be to ensure appropriate strategies are implemented to ensure fit-for-purpose capital scope development and effective and efficient use of project and external engineering services. Your success will be measured by the seamless integration of these strategies into project workflows, resulting in increased efficiency, enhanced project outcomes, and a positive impact on overall organizational goals. It will also be reflected in your ability to adapt these strategies to evolving organizational and project requirements, ensuring flexibility and agility in the face of dynamic challenges.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, coaching and mentorship to the Front-End Engineering, Project Engineering and External Engineering Management teams within Engineering Services.
- Lead the early front end development stages (Pre-FEED) of capital projects and support Front End Engineering Design (FEED), detailed engineering, and execution stages.
- Lead the development and evolution of Project and External Engineering strategies.
- Work closely with Supply Management to develop and evolve relationships with external engineering parties to supplement the team’s internal capacity and capability, while also responsibly managing their performance and costs.
- Work with the engineering team and project management to steward to approved budgets and schedules and ensure timely submission / approval of project scope / cost / schedule deviations when required.
- Work closely with the Business Unit Sponsor, Engineering Services, Project Execution and Capital Portfolio Management teams to ensure effective and efficient capital project development, with a strong focus on driving fit for purpose scope development and continuous improvement.
- Work with Engineering Services, Project Execution and Capital Portfolio Management teams to develop and maintain engineering resource capacity plans to support capital plans and other engineering service requests.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering Services leadership team to provide overall direction and planning for the engineering team by developing strategies for team development, use of engineering tools / hardware / software and organizational development, while ensuring they are aligned with overall corporate objectives.
- Provide internal consulting for the application of technology through participation as a key member of the technical community by understanding the business climate, evolving business unit needs and keeping current with latest evolving technologies for refining, midstream processing and the energy transition.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with all internal and external stakeholders (e.g. technology licensors, external engineering firms, industry consultants, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven leader with the ability to manage and influence vertically and horizontally across the organization
- Must understand and be able to apply key financial principles (e.g. business case analysis)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- University degree in engineering, preferably process / chemical, with PEng. designation required
- Minimum 15 – 20 years of relevant experience with a strong background in oil refining and capital project development (particularly front-end engineering)
- Minimum of 5 years (10+ years preferred) of leadership experience in an engineering environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.